Let me first begin by saying I am a very big fan of Michael Kors. I own several shoe, bags, watches and not forgetting clothing from MK.

However, my visit to your MK outlet located at Tanger outlet in Riverhead NY left a sour taste in my mouth and will nerve shop at this location again. It was on Memorial Day my friends and I went into your store and my friends were handed a 20% off coupon by a young lady who was handing out the coupons to a customers who was entering the store. She didn’t hand me one so I politely asked her for a coupon and she told me it was “ for information only”, not sure at the time what she meant by that, however my friends and I continue to make our way into the store. As we browse through the store and I found a lovely pocket book and watch I wanted to purchase.

I went back to the young lady that was handing out the coupons and once again politely asked her for a coupon and once again I was told “ it was for information only” however she continue to hand out the coupons to customers who was entering the store. At this point I felt that I was being discriminated because of my race. My friend spoke to the manager on duty and explained the situation and I was given the 20% off coupon. It was not about the 20% coupon it was about way I was treated.

I felt humiliated and hurt and my friends and I left the store without purchasing anything. In a way, I felt upset that because of the way I was treated my friend who had found beautiful items at your store had to leave it because they also felt that I was being discriminated and that the manager didn’t do anything to make our experience better at your store.

Comments