Let me first begin by saying I am a very big fan of Michael Kors.I own several shoe, bags, watches and not forgetting clothing from MK.

However, my visit to your MK outlet located at Tanger outlet in Riverhead NY left a sour taste in my mouth and will nerve shop at this location again. It was on Memorial Day my friends and I went into your store and my friends were handed a 20% off coupon by a young lady who was handing out the coupons to a customers who was entering the store. She didn’t hand me one so I politely asked her for a coupon and she told me it was “ for information only”, not sure at the time what she meant by that, however my friends and I continue to make our way into the store. As we browse through the store and I found a lovely pocket book and watch I wanted to purchase.

I went back to the young lady that was handing out the coupons and once again politely asked her for a coupon and once again I was told “ it was for information only” however she continue to hand out the coupons to customers who was entering the store. At this point I felt that I was being discriminated because of my race. My friend spoke to the manager on duty and explained the situation and I was given the 20% off coupon. It was not about the 20% coupon it was about way I was treated.

I felt humiliated and hurt and my friends and I left the store without purchasing anything.In a way, I felt upset that because of the way I was treated my friend who had found beautiful items at your store had to leave it because they also felt that I was being discriminated and that the manager didn’t do anything to make our experience better at your store.

Had an Experience with Michael Kors?

Comments