Michael Kors refused to replace a chain-tie which came off its defective blouse
I bought a Michael Kors outfit, including two coordinating blouses, from a fine department store. One of the blouses had a chain-tie which came out in the wash and could not be retrieved without spending several hundred dollars to dis-assemble the washing machine. (The instructions on the blouse, by the way, said the item was machine-washable, cold delicate, and that is how I washed it.)
In July 2014, I contacted the Michael Kors customer service department by email, informing them what had happened and requesting a replacement chain-tie; I even offered to pay for the replacement. Then followed over a year of run-around from various customer service agents, who variously asked me for photos of the item, stated that Michael Kors did not warranty its products, claimed that they are "unable to answer questions regarding the repair/replacement of your merchandise," and asked me for a "tracking number" and shipment date (they knew very well it was purchased directly from a store in person). I provided all the information that was requested and sent three photos. Then on September 8, 2015, I spoke to a "Style Consultant, Consumer Report" who reviewed the file, allegedly spoke with a supervisor, and told me that this item was no longer being made. (Of course not, after over a year of run-around by Michael Kors.) He acknowledged that the new Michael Kors line of blouses did include some with chain-ties, but he claimed his "policy" did not permit him to replace my item with one of the currently-available chain ties. He refused to allow me to purchase one of the chain-ties or to obtain any satisfaction whatsoever.
This chain tie is an item which must cost the company a few cents to manufacture, but Michael Kors was unwilling to replace it or even allow me to purchase a replacement. I have never experienced such poor customer service, and failure to stand behind merchandise, let alone from a company which purports to sell higher-end clothing.
Under these circumstances I will not patronize Michael Kors merchandise again, and will do what I can to make sure other potential customers and vendors are aware of the treatment this company gives its customers.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Very poor customer service
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service, quality, refusal to replace missing chain tie
- Preferred solution:
- I want Michael Kors to send me a chain tie, from their current line of chain-tie blouses, to replace the one that came off my blouse.
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Michael Kors Blouse
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I got brought this for Christmas as a present off my mum, used it about 3 times, I've never dropped it or even took it out. Paying £32 for a..."
- "MK replica, fake merchandise is being sold on various sites via facebook seetro, seetrostore, lykos and various others...these sites state real authentic, but are fake replicas, and are ripping off..."
- "Bought the iPhone 5 case on line frm iPhone website. The case of a very poor quality. I have paid £68 for it and was hoping for it to last..."
- "Have been contacting Mobstub for over 2 months sending in pictures again and again. Have not received the correct pair of earrings ordered. Ordered 3 pairs of earrings, white gold..."
- "Zazzle - you can take the order, promise the due date of the order BUT - you don't do what you say you will do and to make matters worse..."
- "“Ask Option Binary Option Broker at askoption.com will not let me withdraw my own money. Here is my current balance as of 01/16/17 Total pending withdrawals amount: $11,727.00 Amount available..."
- "Sent measurements per their specifications. The jeans I got were 1/2" to 3" off in many areas. Multiple emails to them regarding the problem get boilerplate responses or "We didn't..."
- "I purchased a Edwards lemon meringue pie from my local publix grocery store. On March 1 2015, it has a long string inside of it. Absolutely disgusting an horrible horrible..."
- "Ordered a bakers rack in December which was damaged upon delivery. I took pictures to document damage as requested before they would send a replacement. Their website doesn't work..."