Michael Kors refused to replace a chain-tie which came off its defective blouse
I bought a Michael Kors outfit, including two coordinating blouses, from a fine department store. One of the blouses had a chain-tie which came out in the wash and could not be retrieved without spending several hundred dollars to dis-assemble the washing machine. (The instructions on the blouse, by the way, said the item was machine-washable, cold delicate, and that is how I washed it.)
In July 2014, I contacted the Michael Kors customer service department by email, informing them what had happened and requesting a replacement chain-tie; I even offered to pay for the replacement. Then followed over a year of run-around from various customer service agents, who variously asked me for photos of the item, stated that Michael Kors did not warranty its products, claimed that they are "unable to answer questions regarding the repair/replacement of your merchandise," and asked me for a "tracking number" and shipment date (they knew very well it was purchased directly from a store in person). I provided all the information that was requested and sent three photos. Then on September 8, 2015, I spoke to a "Style Consultant, Consumer Report" who reviewed the file, allegedly spoke with a supervisor, and told me that this item was no longer being made. (Of course not, after over a year of run-around by Michael Kors.) He acknowledged that the new Michael Kors line of blouses did include some with chain-ties, but he claimed his "policy" did not permit him to replace my item with one of the currently-available chain ties. He refused to allow me to purchase one of the chain-ties or to obtain any satisfaction whatsoever.
This chain tie is an item which must cost the company a few cents to manufacture, but Michael Kors was unwilling to replace it or even allow me to purchase a replacement. I have never experienced such poor customer service, and failure to stand behind merchandise, let alone from a company which purports to sell higher-end clothing.
Under these circumstances I will not patronize Michael Kors merchandise again, and will do what I can to make sure other potential customers and vendors are aware of the treatment this company gives its customers.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Very poor customer service
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service, quality, refusal to replace missing chain tie
- Preferred solution:
- I want Michael Kors to send me a chain tie, from their current line of chain-tie blouses, to replace the one that came off my blouse.
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Michael Kors Blouse
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I used your cleaner conditioner..it did not clean my straps if any thing it made them darker and it now has a dry feel to it..I have called the MK..."
- "There is a online store called Micheal Kros Outlet, I payed 170 dollars for 2 bags and a wallet on their website that turned out to be worth less than..."
- "I have a problem with a handbag that I purchased last year in October ( it's still under 1 year warranty). I didn't wear it too often but about a..."
- "We purchased a bumper for our car. Macco was to paint it. They charged us $15 extra for buying our own parts. When we went to pick..."
- "Let's just start off by saying I have always loved Breyers ice cream, especially their Oreo icecream.(I will only get Oreo ice cream if it's from Breyers). However recently I..."
- "I went to the melting pit tonight as a nice surprise for my daughter before school starts and I can promise it will be my last time going here. We..."
- "What an utter bowel movement of a company. My refrigerator (Whirlpool Refrigerator Model WRX735SDBM02) is brand new and already the surface of the control panel is flaking and peeling away...."
- "We purchase a home in Warners ny . We asked for the full size bathroom rough in for our basement . Now we have decided to finish our basement and..."
- "Order 32 chairs, 12 of them either have scratch or nails through the back to the front. They never sent me any tracking numbers or delivery date even I called..."