Michael Kors refused to replace a chain-tie which came off its defective blouse

I bought a Michael Kors outfit, including two coordinating blouses, from a fine department store. One of the blouses had a chain-tie which came out in the wash and could not be retrieved without spending several hundred dollars to dis-assemble the washing machine. (The instructions on the blouse, by the way, said the item was machine-washable, cold delicate, and that is how I washed it.)

In July 2014, I contacted the Michael Kors customer service department by email, informing them what had happened and requesting a replacement chain-tie; I even offered to pay for the replacement. Then followed over a year of run-around from various customer service agents, who variously asked me for photos of the item, stated that Michael Kors did not warranty its products, claimed that they are "unable to answer questions regarding the repair/replacement of your merchandise," and asked me for a "tracking number" and shipment date (they knew very well it was purchased directly from a store in person). I provided all the information that was requested and sent three photos. Then on September 8, 2015, I spoke to a "Style Consultant, Consumer Report" who reviewed the file, allegedly spoke with a supervisor, and told me that this item was no longer being made. (Of course not, after over a year of run-around by Michael Kors.) He acknowledged that the new Michael Kors line of blouses did include some with chain-ties, but he claimed his "policy" did not permit him to replace my item with one of the currently-available chain ties. He refused to allow me to purchase one of the chain-ties or to obtain any satisfaction whatsoever.

This chain tie is an item which must cost the company a few cents to manufacture, but Michael Kors was unwilling to replace it or even allow me to purchase a replacement. I have never experienced such poor customer service, and failure to stand behind merchandise, let alone from a company which purports to sell higher-end clothing.

Under these circumstances I will not patronize Michael Kors merchandise again, and will do what I can to make sure other potential customers and vendors are aware of the treatment this company gives its customers.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • Very poor customer service

Reason of review:
Poor customer service, quality, refusal to replace missing chain tie
Preferred solution:
I want Michael Kors to send me a chain tie, from their current line of chain-tie blouses, to replace the one that came off my blouse.
Monetary loss:
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jul 15 #1185430 Hickory, North Carolina

I have the same problem with a blouse.
If you're going to make shirts with those types of chains at least have a way for us to buy replacement.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Michael Kors. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Michael Kors.
Filing a new complaint about