Michael Kors refused to replace a chain-tie which came off its defective blouse
I bought a Michael Kors outfit, including two coordinating blouses, from a fine department store. One of the blouses had a chain-tie which came out in the wash and could not be retrieved without spending several hundred dollars to dis-assemble the washing machine. (The instructions on the blouse, by the way, said the item was machine-washable, cold delicate, and that is how I washed it.)
In July 2014, I contacted the Michael Kors customer service department by email, informing them what had happened and requesting a replacement chain-tie; I even offered to pay for the replacement. Then followed over a year of run-around from various customer service agents, who variously asked me for photos of the item, stated that Michael Kors did not warranty its products, claimed that they are "unable to answer questions regarding the repair/replacement of your merchandise," and asked me for a "tracking number" and shipment date (they knew very well it was purchased directly from a store in person). I provided all the information that was requested and sent three photos. Then on September 8, 2015, I spoke to a "Style Consultant, Consumer Report" who reviewed the file, allegedly spoke with a supervisor, and told me that this item was no longer being made. (Of course not, after over a year of run-around by Michael Kors.) He acknowledged that the new Michael Kors line of blouses did include some with chain-ties, but he claimed his "policy" did not permit him to replace my item with one of the currently-available chain ties. He refused to allow me to purchase one of the chain-ties or to obtain any satisfaction whatsoever.
This chain tie is an item which must cost the company a few cents to manufacture, but Michael Kors was unwilling to replace it or even allow me to purchase a replacement. I have never experienced such poor customer service, and failure to stand behind merchandise, let alone from a company which purports to sell higher-end clothing.
Under these circumstances I will not patronize Michael Kors merchandise again, and will do what I can to make sure other potential customers and vendors are aware of the treatment this company gives its customers.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Very poor customer service
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service, quality, refusal to replace missing chain tie
- Preferred solution:
- I want Michael Kors to send me a chain tie, from their current line of chain-tie blouses, to replace the one that came off my blouse.
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Michael Kors Blouse
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I purchased a Michael Kors satchel from Belk about 8 months ago. After using it about 3 months, the handles cracked and frayed. I wanted a replacement bag but..."
- "Hi im a big fan of your products .But im very unhappy as i had purchased one footwear ,but im doubtful about the product being genuine ??? Within 5..."
- "Bought the MK Romy Crossbody bag online via the MK site in late May 2016, within 7 weeks, after carrying the bag maybe a total of 20 times in that..."
- "I purchased a Huntington House Sectional from Southern Design Furniture in N Carolina in August of 2008. Within months the semi attached pillows were ripping away from the back of..."
- "DO NOT EVER BUY ANYTHING FROM Modlily. They listed a sweatshirt on their website for $90 original price as being on sale for $15. I thought it looked really warm..."
- "I was traveling in the US (I'm from Brazil) and decided to buy a gift for my father. I went to Lord and Taylor in Boston and bought a Ralph..."
- " All Reviews Telecommunications Fox News 48 of 272 reviews Fox News The Kelly File Tv Show Review from Helotes, Texas ISSUE NOT RESOLVED Helotes, Texas Oct 19 ..."
- "My name is Courtney and I work for the carnival Reithoffers Shows located in Aiken, SC right now. On wednesday October 26 2016 at about 3:45 am I arrived at..."
- " I bought a brand-new Turbo razor from Bert's first trip out and had a crankcase seal leaking took it in the service department everybody said oh yeah will take..."