Michael Kors - Review about Wallet from Calgary, Alberta
On May 29, 2015 @ around 8:40 pm I went to Michael Kors outlet in Crossiron Mall in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. I purchased a handbag for my mother's birthday (receipt included). While leaving the store, I thought that I would buy her matching wallet as well. So I liked 1 wallet a went up to the register to pay for it.
When I picked up the wallet, the price it was under was $119 (picture enclosed) but when I went to pay for it, it rang up for $139. I asked what was the reason for it. The lady at the counter said that that's what the price is. I politely asked if they would honor the price that they are displaying and advertising, by then this girl (Laura or Lauren) very aggressively came up to the register leaving behind what she was doing and said that "it doesn't matter what we display we only honor the price tag that is inside the wallet as we get thousands of customers who come to the store and switch tags around." My friend told her that usually companies would honor what they display or advertise as it is a negligence on your part and that blaming customers, who actually give you business, is not good and is not a part of good customer service.
Further, in return she said that "may I know WHO YOU ARE. AND WHERE ARE YOU FROM", which was so totally out of context and racial. While saying all that she was getting even more aggressive. Please see the video in your store and you will know what I am talking about.
I said I will buy the wallet and also I would like the number of the head office and her name. To which, she replied "may I know why u wanna call head office and I am not legally obligated to give my name". I said I asked as you are representing Michael Kors and after spending money in the store we don't deserve to be insulted like this also we were trying to buy more stuff and give you business. Plus you had passed a racist comment by asking where we were from. At this moment my friend told her he was a lawyer and she was totally out of line, instead of apologizing she had the audacity to call security on us.
As an employee she had no right to judge our nationality or ask personal questions. On that she said "u are calling me racist, leave the store right now or I will call cops." We said that she could go ahead and call anyone she feels like. So she calls security on us.
If this is not discrimination and racial, what is?
After losing my patience, I thought of recording what was going on. When the security showed up and she realized that I was recording, she changed her earlier statement and said that she was just wondering about the law firm that my friend represents. Who is she to ask all those personal questions anyway. We were there to make a purchase, and not give out our personal details. This lady is a complete liar who got scared and completely turned around.
This is not the first time I was making a purchase from Michael Kors. I have been a long time customer. I always buy stuff for myself and give gifts as well, like in this case. After spending so much money if this is how I will be treated then I would rather take my money and business somewhere else and I am sure it will be much appreciated and I will be treated with much respect and would not be reminded of my skin color.
So basically I paid money to the Michael Kors to get humiliated and insulted. All I was trying to do is make another purchase and give you guys more business which obviously didn't happen due to the attitude I was getting from the employees. Also what kind of policy is this that employees will not give out their name and the phone number of the head office when you want to complain about them.
My friend and myself have taken this very seriously as we didn't go to law school to get treated like the way we were.
Having said all that, we also know eventually it will be vicariously liability. We are not going to take this lightly as more then 5 witnesses witnessed the episode and we have all recorded. However, we would like to know before we proceed or take any action as we love Michael Kors, is it your training, which we doubt, if not, how will you deal with it.
This should not have happened and will not happen again, I assure you that.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Pricing issue
- Product or service
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I bought a MK bag in July 2014 in Las Vegas and the zipper keeps getting stuck. Also the handles are shredded. I have other name brand purses that I..."
- "I ordered a micheal kors handbag during the sale.i paid the whole amt snd to my disappoitment the colour and pattern is totally different frm what ive ordered I'm not..."
- "I had bad experience with my return they gave me hard time they never returned my bag I am very mad I called customer service they never called back what..."
- "Hey this is my Bosch fridge of just over 5 years old. DO you notice anything different about it compared to others. That's right....it has no handles. We've owned..."
- "This company hides the fact that they will auto-enroll you in their 'Sparkling White Club' in their 'terms of service' page. They don't make this clear when you sign up..."
- "Disappointed with service, templates used are not easy to customize offline. Live chat is also not available all the time. Lost few days of access, see attached image. Days lost was not..."
- "At the location I go to has at least 2 parking spots for expecting moms and "new moms". I thought this wording was too narrow because other stores such as..."
- "Had my jeep in for a paint job and was horrified to see that they painted my jeep Red jeep. orange!! I also dealt with the manager Lillie, rude!! And..."
- "AVOID POSHMARK! I bought Burberry boots on their site saying they were new with tags. I got the boots in the mail and they are scuffed, and say made in..."