Michael Kors - Review about Wallet from Calgary, Alberta
On May 29, 2015 @ around 8:40 pm I went to Michael Kors outlet in Crossiron Mall in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. I purchased a handbag for my mother's birthday (receipt included). While leaving the store, I thought that I would buy her matching wallet as well. So I liked 1 wallet a went up to the register to pay for it.
When I picked up the wallet, the price it was under was $119 (picture enclosed) but when I went to pay for it, it rang up for $139. I asked what was the reason for it. The lady at the counter said that that's what the price is. I politely asked if they would honor the price that they are displaying and advertising, by then this girl (Laura or Lauren) very aggressively came up to the register leaving behind what she was doing and said that "it doesn't matter what we display we only honor the price tag that is inside the wallet as we get thousands of customers who come to the store and switch tags around." My friend told her that usually companies would honor what they display or advertise as it is a negligence on your part and that blaming customers, who actually give you business, is not good and is not a part of good customer service.
Further, in return she said that "may I know WHO YOU ARE. AND WHERE ARE YOU FROM", which was so totally out of context and racial. While saying all that she was getting even more aggressive. Please see the video in your store and you will know what I am talking about.
I said I will buy the wallet and also I would like the number of the head office and her name. To which, she replied "may I know why u wanna call head office and I am not legally obligated to give my name". I said I asked as you are representing Michael Kors and after spending money in the store we don't deserve to be insulted like this also we were trying to buy more stuff and give you business. Plus you had passed a racist comment by asking where we were from. At this moment my friend told her he was a lawyer and she was totally out of line, instead of apologizing she had the audacity to call security on us.
As an employee she had no right to judge our nationality or ask personal questions. On that she said "u are calling me racist, leave the store right now or I will call cops." We said that she could go ahead and call anyone she feels like. So she calls security on us.
If this is not discrimination and racial, what is?
After losing my patience, I thought of recording what was going on. When the security showed up and she realized that I was recording, she changed her earlier statement and said that she was just wondering about the law firm that my friend represents. Who is she to ask all those personal questions anyway. We were there to make a purchase, and not give out our personal details. This lady is a complete liar who got scared and completely turned around.
This is not the first time I was making a purchase from Michael Kors. I have been a long time customer. I always buy stuff for myself and give gifts as well, like in this case. After spending so much money if this is how I will be treated then I would rather take my money and business somewhere else and I am sure it will be much appreciated and I will be treated with much respect and would not be reminded of my skin color.
So basically I paid money to the Michael Kors to get humiliated and insulted. All I was trying to do is make another purchase and give you guys more business which obviously didn't happen due to the attitude I was getting from the employees. Also what kind of policy is this that employees will not give out their name and the phone number of the head office when you want to complain about them.
My friend and myself have taken this very seriously as we didn't go to law school to get treated like the way we were.
Having said all that, we also know eventually it will be vicariously liability. We are not going to take this lightly as more then 5 witnesses witnessed the episode and we have all recorded. However, we would like to know before we proceed or take any action as we love Michael Kors, is it your training, which we doubt, if not, how will you deal with it.
This should not have happened and will not happen again, I assure you that.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Pricing issue
- Product or service
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Bought 2 same kind of slippers for myself and my sister. After a single wear the base wore off. Had been a loyal MK customer and always suggested people to..."
- "I received a Michael Kors wallet for my birthday back in September, and by late November, I noticed the seam of the change pocket came undone. Now all my change..."
- "There is a online store called Micheal Kros Outlet, I payed 170 dollars for 2 bags and a wallet on their website that turned out to be worth less than..."
- "https://www.carsforsale.com/vehicle/details/26917254 THIS IS FAKE DO NOT FALL FOR THIS ***! Person trying to sell it goes by the name Brianna Linnetti. There is no possible way anyone would sell a..."
- "Bosch Washing Machine under Sears Maintenance Agreement - washer is likely 10 years old, the main bearing went out just after Thanksgiving (November) 2016 - unable to use washer until..."
- "I woke up this morning to find my truck like this the manager from Rent A Wheel decided to come by my house late at night and remove the valve..."
- "I am internationally trained Chartered Accountant (CA) from India. I now live in Canada with my family. I took the Densmore Consulting Services (DCSCPA.ca) CFE Prep 2015 course and did not..."
- "Okay, on June 6th, I booked my flight tickets with Cheapoair, supposedly I would leave from Calgary, CA to New York City on the 12th, then leave from New York..."
- "I am very disappointed! The material they used is very cheap! Size is kids size. Poorly done and very cheap fabric. The color is even very different from what the..."